Prophet-10 by Sequential
Price match guarantee. If you find a cheaper price, we'll match it. Write us
The new Prophet-10 is Dave Smith’s ten-voice version of the analog poly synth that changed the world. It’s “the best of all Prophets” as Dave puts it because it embodies all three revisions of the legendary Prophet-5 synth.
In addition to sourcing genuine Prophet-5 hardware components, we did extensive research into exactly what made the original sound the way it did, warm, organic, and alive. We found that much of this desirable character was due to slight fluctuations and differences in the response times and frequencies of the individual VCOs, filters, envelopes, and amplifiers from voice to voice.
To give the same mojo to the new Prophet-10, we created the Vintage knob. Use it to dial in as much old-school randomness as you’d like.
In addition to the unmistakable tone of its oscillators and filters, much of the classic sound of Prophet-5 was the result of Poly Mod, which is faithfully present here as well. True to the original, modulation sources are Filter Envelope and Oscillator B. Destinations include Oscillator A frequency, Oscillator A pulse width, and low-pass filter. The range of sounds possible defy its simplicity. Another welcome reprise is Unison mode, which now features configurable voice count (1-10 voices) with variable detuning, and chord memory. And now Glide works both in and out of Unison.
- Velocity sensitive 61-key Fatar keyboard with aftertouch
- 200 Factory programs
- 200 User memory locations in 5 banks with 40 programs each
- 2 CEM 3340 VCOs per voice
- Simultaneously selectable waveforms of oscillators A and B.
- Oscillator A: sawtooth, square
- Oscillator B: sawtooth, triangle, rectangle
- Pulse width per oscillator
- Hard Sync: Oscillator 1 sync to oscillator 2
- Four-pole, resonant low-pass filter per voice
- Switchable between authentic versions of the filter Prophet-5 Rev1 / 2 and the filter Prophet-5 Rev3
- Four-stage (ADSR) envelope generator
- Vintage Knob for setting various Prophet 5 models - e.g. the behavior of oscillators, envelopes, amplifiers and other parameters
- Pitch and modulation wheel
- Direct program access including the Prophet 5-style 1-button access to 8 programs
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 95.25 x 12.4 x 41.6 cm
- Weight: 14.06 kg