Ornament-8 by Soma Laboratory
Price match guarantee. If you find a cheaper price, we'll match it. Write us
Ornament-8 is an organismic sequencer, or in a broader sense, a synthesizer of behaviour. A unique feature of Ornament is its fully horizontal modular structure that consists of eight equal and independent cells which are special delay lines. It’s in fact an analog computer with a temporal dimension, the behaviour of which is determined by patching and adjusting the temporal properties of each cell involved in the generation of the behaviour.
Ornament can be controlled via Eurorack-compatible Control Voltage. The output of Ornament is also standard CV signals that can control Lyra-8, Pulsar-23, Eurorack systems and any equipment that can receive CV, including non-audio ones such as lighting setups or electromechanical installations. For controlling Lyra-8 we developed a special adapter for easy connection to the Lyra sensors while also preserving the ability to play it normally with your fingers.
- Number of cells: 8
- Number of pulse converters: 4
- Number of 3.5 mm mini-jack Eurorack adapters: 8
- Number of contacts (inputs and outputs): 78
- Input and output voltage range: 0‑10 volts
- Minimum cell delay time: 50 ms
- Maximum cell delay time: 50 seconds
- Maximum cell delay time at> Cv = 0 volts: 5 minutes
- Supply voltage: 12 volt center-plus
- Current Consumption: 10-50 ma *
- Dimensions: 266 x 255 x 54 mm
- Weight: 1.4 kg