Lyra 8 White Angel by Soma Laboratory
Price match guarantee. If you find a cheaper price, we'll match it. Write us
The Lyra 8 is based on eight generators, which will be referred to as voices. Their design is not like a traditional subtractive synthesis VCO.
Instead of having a linear or logarithmic dependency on control voltage, they resemble the tone generators in old electric organs. Lyra uses non-linearity a lot, and the voices are constructed in such a way that allows for non-linearity to express itself.
For all its experimental character, Lyra is a professional instrument. Its output dynamics are balanced, so that even in extreme modes it won't harm an amp or speaker on-stage.
The frequency response has been adjusted for live performance, where you naturally have that screaming high-midrange and not enough low-end. To compensate for this, low frequencies have been boosted a little, while the highs sound softer. Unless you push the limits and use extreme modes of course.
- Max output voltage: 2 v 0-to-peak
- Output connector: mono 6.3 mm TS or TRS (balanced) jack
- Output resistance: 100 Ohm
- EXT IN: 1 v 0-to-peak
- EXT IN connector: 6.3 mm TS jack
- HOLD GATE: full HOLD volume +5 V
- HOLD GATE connector: 6.3 mm TS jack
- CV DELAY : unipolar, range of 0 to +5 volt
- CV DELAY connector: 6.3 mm TS jack
- CV VOICES: unipolar, range of 0 to +5 volt
- CV VOICES connector: 6.3 mm TS jack
- Power supply: stabilised, +12 V, 0.2 A, centre positive
- Dimensions: 266 x 266 x 62 mm