- Red Panda Labs
- Particle 2
Particle 2 by Red Panda Labs
Particle is a granular delay/pitch shifting pedal.
It chops your signal into small grains and then rearranges, shifts, and mangles it, using the techniques of granular synthesis in real time.
Results range from radical pitch and delay modulation to shimmering repeats to time stretching, stutter, and glitch sounds.
Particle 2 is a complete redesign, incorporating many improvements for live use and better sound quality. The enclosure is smaller, 3” wide with all jacks on top, 127 presets can be stored.
The active preset and bypass state are remembered, eliminating pre-show adjustments. Delay time has been extended from 900 ms to 2500 ms, at a higher sampling rate. Tap tempo allows delay time, LFO rate, grain size, and density adjustment with independent note divisions.
The expression pedal is assignable to any combination of knobs, and our DIY-friendly Remote 4 switch allows foot control while the Particle sits at table height for knob tweaking.
- 3 pitch modes: detune, density, LFO
- 5 delay modes: random, density, LFO, random pitch, reverse
- Adjustable grain size and density (inter-onset interval)
- Pitch shift +/- 1 octave
- Delay 0-2.5 seconds
- Feedback with adjustable lowpass filter
- Auto-freeze/stutter with adjustable threshold
- Independent tap divisions for different parameters
- Stereo input/output (TRS)
- Presets (4 on front, 127 via MIDI-USB)
- Power:9 VDC, center negative (not included)
- Size:3.05" x 4.75" x 2.5"
- Current:250 mA