Bass Station 2 by Novation
The Novation Bass Station II is an updated version of their classic Bass Station, albeit with a dazzling and extensive array of ingenious features too numerous for this brief description. Like its predecessor, the Bass Station II is inherently portable and features a completely analog signal path. This synth contains two filters, dual oscillators, a sub-oscillator, and an all-analog signal path and effects section. Additionally, users can save and recall presets, access an internal step sequencer, arpeggiator, an extensive modulation section, and a 25 note keyboard.
As its name suggests, the Bass Station II is oriented towards bass tones, but is capable of much more. Its sound engine is capable of an array of leads and arpeggios, while its keys are velocity sensitive and feature assignable aftertouch. Each key is individually sprung, making them both light and extremely responsive.
As of firmware v2.5, the Bass Station II includes a host of features that expand the synthesizer's potential tremendously. The Bass Station II is now capable of monophonic and paraphonic operation, utilizing the second oscillator as a pseudo-second voice. This firmware update also offers options for microtuning, making it possible to construct exotic scales—and with the paraphonic mode engaged, it offers the option of complex, otherworldly harmonies. Additional features include variable filter keyboard tracking, envelope retriggering, and "oscillator error" for creating pleasant, vintage-sounding instabilities.
- 25 Velocity sensitive keys with assignable aftertouch
- Two analog filters (Acid and Classic)
- Two oscillators + additional sub oscillator
- Flexible modulation with 2 envelopes and 2 LFOs
- 64 Presets + 64 user memories
- Patch Dump function
- Pattern-based step sequencer
- Analogue effects section
- 6.3 mm Jack line output Mono
- 6.3 mm Jack line input Mono
- Stereo headphone output 6.3 mm jack
- Sustain pedal connector
- MIDI in/out
- USB port
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 45.5 x 27 x 8.3 cm
- Power supply via USB or power adapter