Grids by Mutable Instruments
Take the user interface of an euclidean sequencer, a healthy dose of machine learning and graph algorithms, megabytes of drum loops, hours of intensive computations and you’ve got a drum pattern generator like no other.
Grids’ “brain” is a map of the typical drum patterns used in (mostly electronic) music, laid out by similarity, trained on a large corpus of drum loops. The module can smoothly interpolate and navigate from one pattern to the other, at the whim of a knob move or a CV.
- Internal clock with a 40 to 240 BPM range
- Beat indicator / Tap tempo button (reconfigurable as a reset button)
- External clock input, with selectable resolution (24, 8 or 4 ppqn)
- Pattern reset trigger input
- Pattern randomization knob with CV input
- 3 output channels (BD, SD, and HH/percussion)
- 3 additional outputs, configurable as Accent/Clock/Reset or per-channel accent
- Size: 16HP
- Depth: 20 mm
- Power: 25 mA +12V, 1 mA -12V