Ears by Mutable Instruments
Price match guarantee. If you find a cheaper price, we'll match it. Write us
Ears is Mutable Instruments’ take on Tom Whitwell’s Mikrophonie module, it is a perfect match for physical synthesis modules like Rings or Elements, but it can also be the gateway between external audio sources and your modular system.
A large palette of organic, physical sounds can be generated by scratching, tapping, and more generally collecting any kind of acoustic waves surrounding your modular case,even speaker feedback.
With its built-in envelope follower and gate detector, it can also be the gateway between external audio sources and your modular system.
- Audio amplifier with 1M input impedance, up to 40dB of gain
- External input bypassing the built-in contact microphone
- Envelope follower with 3 preset attack and release times (adjustable by jumper)
- Gate detector with 3 preset sensitivity levels (adjustable by jumper) and +8V gate output
- Three indicator LEDs: amplifier clipping (red), envelope follower level (white), gate detector activity (orange)
- Size: 4HP
- Depth: 25 mm
- Power: 5 mA +12V, 5 mA -12V