Cobalt8M by Modal Electronics
Price match guarantee. If you find a cheaper price, we'll match it. Write us
Cobalt8M is voice extended virtual-analogue synthesiser. Building on the tradition of warm and punchy analogue-style synth sounds, conceived by legendary synthesisers from the past, Cobalt8M unlocks the full creative potential of analogue waveforms.
On top of the innovative oscillator engine of Cobalt8M, we added a new morphable 4-Pole Ladder Filter. Combined with Modal’s unparalleled modulation options, an inspiring real-time / step sequencer, the energising arpeggiator, MPE, studio-quality effects and Modalapp integration, Cobalt8M is the perfect synth for everyone who wants a versatile electronic music instrument to play vintage synth sounds and is eager to enter into new sound dimensions.
Eight true polyphonic voices tempt players to lay out wide string or rich synth pad chords, while a monophonic bass or lead patch, played with 64 oscillators can shake the walls of every stadium. And with the avant-garde sound forming features, every synth enthusiast can refine his performance with sounds that no other synthesiser is able to generate.
- Polyphony: True 8 voice polyphonic
- Oscillators: 64 high-resolution virtual-analogue oscillators, up to 8 per voice
- Filter: 4-Pole Morphable Ladder Filter with Resonance and four switchable configurations
- Sequencer and Arpeggiator: Polyphonic Real-time sequencer with 512 notes and four recordable/editable parameter animations (Delay FX, LFO’s, sequencer and arpeggiator can be either clocked internally or externally)
- FX: Three incredibly powerful independent and user-configurable stereo FX engines for Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Pos), Flanger (Neg), Tremolo, LoFi, Rotary, Stereo Delay, Ping-Pong Delay, X-Over Delay and Reverb that can be arranged in any order
- Power: DC-9.0V – 1.5A centre-positive
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 384 x 127 x 81 mm
- Weight: 2.1 kg