- Make Noise
Spectraphon by Make Noise
This item have an high request or longer waiting time, reserve your unit from the upcoming batch. Estimated stock date 26-06-2023.
This product is not eligible for the price match. Write us if you need more infos.
The Make Noise/soundhack Spectraphon is a dual Spectral Oscillator coded by Tom Erbe of soundhack. It uses real-time spectral analysis and resynthesis to create new sounds from those that already exist.
It is inspired by classic electronic musical instruments of the past, including spectral processors, additive synthesis, vocoders, and resonators especially the Buchla 296 and Touché, but it takes a physical form more resembling the classic analog dual complex oscillator in the lineage of the Buchla 259 and the Make Noise DPO.
- Dual Digital VCO with eight simultaneous outputs, as well as two audio inputs, two gate inputs and ten CV inputs
- Built on Make Noise’s new digital hardware platform, the most powerful digital module we have yet created
- Coded by Tom Erbe of soundhack
- Spectral Amplitude Modulation (SAM) creates spectral oscillations based on continuous analysis of the audio at the input
- Spectral Array Oscillation (SAO) creates spectral oscillations based on stored sets of spectra called Arrays, which are created in the SAM mode
- Each of the two VCOs operates independently in SAO or SAM, in any combination
- High definition internal Frequency Modulation Bus with easy access to Harmonic Ratios via the Tuning Beacon
- Sub-Oscillator/CV outputs give access to unique sub-oscillator shapes, envelope following, or clockable modulation sources
- Sine and Sub operate independent of FM Bus modulation.
- Follow and Sync operations on Side B for ease of use in dual oscillator patches, tuned FM, hard sync sweeps etc.
- Size: 34HP
- Depth: 36mm
- Power: 230mA @ +12V, 55mA @ -12V