QPAS by Make Noise
This product is not eligible for the price match. Write us if you need more infos.
QPAS (Quad Peak Animation System) is a stereo multimode eurorack filter module designed by Tony Rolando and inspired by the time where he was working at Moog. It utilize four filter cores for dynamic animation of resonant peaks. Stereo pairs for Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, and a new filter type called “Smile Pass”, are all available simultaneously.
Each stereo pair consists of two outputs, each of which consists of two peaks. The four peaks share a single cutoff parameter, as well as a single Q (“resonance”) parameter.
Two Radiate controls, one for each pair of cores, further modulate the various cutoff peaks’ distance from each other and from the “main” cutoff frequency, providing animation and increasing the depth of the sound.
The !!¡¡ inputs are clock, gate or audio rate modulation inputs that reward experimentation, affecting nearly all parts of the circuit. Each !!¡¡ input affects two of the peaks, one per pair.
The QPAS is a 100% analog filter for musical applications and is not suitable for laboratory use.
- Quad peak stereo filter and resonator for Eurorack modular synthesizers
- apable of creating formant vowels, resonant pings, and more
- True stereo operation with mono-to-stereo and stereo-to-mono normalizations
- Input VCA for automating level of signal introduced to the filter network
- Typical filter controls fully intact: Frequency, Q, and associated CV inputs are front-and-center
- True stereo outputs, with four filter types per output: Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, and Smile Pass
- Smile Pass provides peculiar phaser-like effects while maintaining relatively constant output volume
- Radiate controls and CV inputs control displacement of the individual peak frequencies from the base Freq setting
- Radiate Left and Radiate Right controls operate independently for spectacular stereo effects and isolation of pairs of peaks
- The mysterious !!!! inputs provide unexplained, but spectacular-sounding effects from accents to explosions and inharmonic pseudo-aliasing crunch
- CV inputs and appropriate attenuators for every parameter
- Width: 18hp
- Max Depth: 30mm
- Power: 166mA @ +12V // 190mA @ -12