- Filter 8
Filter 8 by Joranalogue
Price match guarantee. If you find a cheaper price, we'll match it. Write us
Representing the cutting edge in modular analogue voltage controlled filter (VCF) design, Filter 8 offers more possibilities and higher fidelity in 12 HP than ever before.
Starting from the classic OTA-style 4-pole cascaded lowpass (LP) topology, Filter 8 features separate LP outputs, each with their own character. Additional filter responses are achieved by pole mixing: 1-pole highpass, a special band boost and notch response, phase shifter and 4-pole bandpass. All outputs are available simultaneously.
While rooted in the legacy of classic synthesisers, Filter 8 provides a new approach to musical signal generators and modifiers: instead of simply a VCF, VCO, slew modifier or VCLFO, a single analogue module can now be any of those, and anything in between.
- Analogue 'OTA style' cascaded 4-pole lowpass VCF with self-oscillation capability.
- Filter outputs: 1-through-4 pole lowpass, 1-pole highpass, band boost+notch, phase shifter, 4-pole bandpass.
- Self oscillation: 8-phase sine waves, separated by 45°.
- Accurate temperature-stable sine wave VC(LF)O with fine and coarse tuning.
- Simultaneous exponential and linear FM, including depth polarisers, dedicated 1 volt/octave input and LFM AC-coupling switch.
- Unique voltage controlled resonance topology: all outputs resonate with absolutely no loss of low frequency response, unlike common 'bass compensation' methods.
- Resonance compensation gain switch: adjusts output gains for equal amplitude self-oscillation (10 Vpp).
- LF mode for slew modifier or LFO use. Ultra-wide total frequency range: 2.8 mHz (6 minutes) to 27 kHz, a range of nearly 10,000,000:1
- Dual signal inputs increase patching flexibility.
- Impedance-compensated outputs with dual-colour LEDs.
- Voltage hold feature 'freezes' the filter core. Pause LFO modulations, or create pulse-width-sensitive sync sounds at audio rates. Also useful as clickless output mute. Manual or gate control.
- Dedicated ping trigger input: 'strike' the filter core using any trigger or gate signal and easily create percussive sounds with 8 different timbres.
- Trim potentiometers accessible from the front panel.
- Size: 12HP
- Depth: 30mm
- Power: +12: 75 mA, −12: 75 mA