- Contour 1
Contour 1 by Joranalogue
Price match guarantee. If you find a cheaper price, we'll match it. Write us
For decades, the voltage controlled slew limiter has been a staple of modular synthesisers. With its extreme versatility, it can be used to slew control voltages (CVs), create envelopes, as a low-frequency or audio oscillator and much more. Contour 1 brings a fresh approach to this classic circuit. It delivers much improved performance and control by incorporating modern design techniques.
At its most basic, a slew limiter slows down the rate of voltage change in a signal. On Contour 1, the rising and falling rates can be individually set using sliders and CV modulation.
The gate and trigger inputs allow the module to be used as a function generator: create snappy attack-release (AR) and attack-decay (AD) envelopes, with slope times ranging from 500 µs to 30 seconds. The dedicated gate input makes it easy to generate +10 V envelopes from any signal source. Using the large tactile push button, AD envelopes can be manually triggered. A trigger will also reset the output voltage.
- Analogue voltage controlled bidirectional slew limiter.
- Precision circuitry to slew any signal, including pitch CV, accurately.
- Separate rise/fall slope bending with voltage control and compensation for minimal effect on slew time.
- Real-time visual feedback through LEDs on slew time sliders.
- Dedicated gate input in addition to the analogue slew input: easily create +10 V attack-release (AR) envelopes, regardless of the gate amplitude.
- Trigger input and push button: reset the slew core and trigger a one-shot attack-decay (AD) envelope through a single trigger signal.
- Voltage hold gate input 'freezes' the slew core. Pause envelopes and LFO modulations, or create pulse-width-sensitive sync sounds at audio rates.
- Impedance-compensated regular and inverted analogue outputs.
- Rise and fall status gate outputs.
- Loop switch for variable waveshape temperature-stable VC(LF)O operation. Gate input functions as an oscillation enable input in loop mode.
- Capable of 1 volt/octave tracking over several octaves.
- Wide slew time range: 500 µs to 30 seconds per slope. Audio range switch setting constricts range to ease tuning.
- V/octave trim potentiometer accessible from the front panel.
- Highly multifunctional: slew limiter, envelope generator, envelope follower, (gated) VC(LF)O, frequency divider, slope detector and much more.
- Precision-milled 2 mm anodised aluminium front panel with high-resolution, non-erasable graphics.
- Size: 8HP
- Depth: 30mm
- Power: +12: 90 mA, −12: 85 mA