Kastle is a mini modular synthesizer with a headphone output, 2 in/out ports for interfacing other gear and it runs on just 3 AA batteries. It is DIY friendly and ideal for beginners in modular synthesis, but it will add some quite unique functionality to any modular synthesizer system. It delivers the fun of modular synthesis at a low cost and fits into your pocket so you can play it everywhere!
The oscillator section has 3 sound parameters: PITCH, TIMBRE and WAVESHAPE – all under voltage control and with 6 different synthesis modes. It has a main output and a secondary waveform output. Both can be used independently or in combination.
The 3 synthesis modes available thru the main output are: phase modulation, noise mode and track & hold modulation.There are 3 more modes on the secondary OSC output: phase distortion, tonal noise mode and formant synthesis. Each mode utilizes one or two oscillators. The PITCH parameter controls the main oscillator, the TIMBRE sets the PITCH of the modulating oscillator and the WAVESHAPE depends on the synthesis mode.
- Complex oscillator
- 3 synthesis modes on the main output: phase modulation, noise mode, track & hold modulation
- 3 more modes on the secondary OSC output: phase distortion, tonal noise mode, formant synthesis
- PITCH control with offset and CV input with attenuator
- TIMBRE control with offset and CV input with attenuator
- WAVESHAPE control with offset and CV input
- Stepped voltage generator with random, 8 step and 16 step loop mode
- 3x AA battery operation or USB power selectable by a switch